Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday, 29 September 2006 - A great team

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a great team (and I'm not talking about sports).

Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishment toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results. ~Andrew Carnegie

My latest venture - directing the marketing efforts of a local start-up company - is challenging and exhilarating. My efforts are worth the headaches and long hours because I'm part of a great team.

You don't need a lot of people to launch a successful company if the people keep their egos in check, are passionate about the product and willing to go the extra mile repeatedly for each other and customers. Of course, we hope to makes lots of money and realize a few dreams along the way.

But, until the first sale is on the books and the money in the bank, I'm working hard and having loads of fun.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: