Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thursday, 07 September 2006 - DIY projects

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for easy DIY projects.

I like DIY projects that I can complete successfully in a day or two. This week, I am regrouting the ceramic tiles that line the shower stall walls.

After carefully cleaning the tiles to remove soap scum, I applied a thin bead of ready-to-use tile grouting to the grooves. I used my finger to smooth the grouting, let it dry, and wiped the excess from the tiles with a damp cloth.

Voila! The 20-year-old walls look brand new.

My next project: installing a new kitchen floor. I plan to use ceramic or vinyl tiles that will help modernize the space.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.


Photo: Coreopsis buds (I like the way the outer petals resemble satin)

No comments: