Saturday, September 02, 2006

Saturday, 2 September 2006 - Recycled wool sweaters

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for recycled wool sweaters.

Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly. ~Ambrose Bierce

It's a cool (almost cold) day - soggy and very gloomy. I am think that winter will arrive early this year.

Oh dear.

I better start knitting the winter sweaters I originally planned to make during the summer.

Today is a good day to disassemble the wool sweaters I bought at the local thrift shop's half-price sale last April. I think I bought both for about $7.00.


Right now, I am deconstructing two very bulky pullovers: a J. Crew man's XL in a deep olive green and a Willi Smith woman's M in a luscious golden wheat. The wool from both sweaters is in very good condition so I will be able to reuse nearly all of it to create new items for my wardrobe.

Next comes the hardest part of the project - matching the yarn's weight and yardage to a stylish sweater pattern that will fit my petite figure.


For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: