Saturday, September 30, 2006

Saturday, 30 September 2006 - One marvelous autumn day

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for one marvelous autumn day.

If any day is priceless, today is that day.

After I finished my marketing project late this morning, we loaded up the truck and headed to Red Rock Canyon for nearly 5 hours of climbing and a mile or so of hiking (for T's sake).

S lead the 100' climb, Pikes Peak, on the east climbing wall. When I reached the top, I looked west and could see the snow-capped summit of Pikes Peak peering over the quarry climbing wall (wish I had had my camera to photograph the stunning vista). S finished the climb five times while I managed four (quite a workout).

Anyway, my feet are very tired. Time to knit, sip a cold Marguerita and watch an old movie.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Red Rock Canyon - Pikes Peak climb on east climbing wall

No comments: