Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday, 20 September 2006 - My own troubles

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for my own troubles.

Never bear more than one kind of trouble at a time. Some people bear three - all they have had, all they have now, and all they expect to have. ~Edward Everett Hale


Two sad things happened today - a neighbor lost his job and a friend lost his father to colon cancer just two weeks after the initial diagnosis. I find myself in a familiar spot: upon learning of others' terrible misfortunes, I am truly thankful for my own challenges, disappointments, frustrations and uncertainties.

Tonight, I'm praying for extra helpings of faith and extra touches of grace in all of our lives - just in case.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.
Photo: S sets up the top rope at Garden of the Gods.

No comments: