Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday, 11 September 2006 - Remembrances

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for remembrances.


Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak whispers the o'er-fraught heart and bids it break. ~William Shakespeare

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Five years since that day.
I think I’ve
Sung every song,
Prayed every prayer,
Asked every question,
Studied every photograph,
Cried every tear,
And read every story.
Will my grieving heart finally mend and
My wounded soul find peace?

I’m going to give myself
Another chance because
This morning feels different.
This morning feels eccentric.
This morning feels extraordinary.

Miracle of miracles.


I manage a faint smile
As the summer sun
Warms my face
On September 11.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.


Photo: Snow-capped Pikes Peak - view from Red Rock Canyon during our morning hike

No comments: