Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday, 01 September 2006 - Seam ripper

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for my seam ripper.


I've begun sewing again - want to replace many pieces in my current wardrobe with items made from "green" fabrics like bamboo, hemp, organic wool and organic cotton. The fastest way to do this is for me to buy the fabric online, fit the patterns (I'm using the Lutterloh patternmaking system) and sew the various pieces myself on my 20-year-old Viking sewing machine and serger.

For the past decade, I've stocked my wardrobe with consignment store or eBay finds bearing designer labels. I've made home decorating items like curtains and quilts but few clothes. No wonder my sewing skills are a bit rusty.

I've been ripping out more seams than I used to when I sewed all the time. Although I hate to make mistakes (ripping out stitching is tedious and bothersome), at least my trusty seam ripper makes the task easier.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: