Wednesday, September 06, 2006

06 September 2006 - Green lights

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for green lights.


If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.
~George Winters

We're running behind schedule because our morning meeting ran late. We bid our colleagues adieu and race to the airport.


Freeway traffic is light this morning so we make good time for this part of the trip. Once we hit the busier surface streets, however, we'll encounter delays. I pray that the traffic lights at the busiest intersections favor us today.


We're very lucky. Only one red light (actually, it was yellow and my husband opted to stop) between the freeway and the airport drop-off zone.


S has plenty of time to check-in and undergo the security inspections.


For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.

Photo: A garnet-hued Coreopsis begins to bloom in my backyard garden

No comments: