Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday, 25 September 2006 - Physical strength and quickness

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the physical strength and quickness required to rock climb.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were? ~Satchel Paige


Forty is the old age of youth; fifty the youth of old age. ~Victor Hugo


S, T and I slipped away for a few hours to rock climb in Red Rock Canyon. The weather was perfect and the rock in good shape.

Most people are surprised when I tell them I rock climb. My 52-year-old, 105-pound petite body belies my overall strength (I use to be a gym rat, lifting weights like a mad woman). This afternoon, I completed four strenuous climbs up a rather challenging route.

Yes, it's true. I'm not getting older - I'm getting stronger and better!

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.
Photo: Red Rock Canyon - the quarry climbing wall

No comments: