Friday, September 15, 2006

15 September 2006 - Half way through

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for making it half way through my 53rd year.

Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. ~Samuel Ullman

You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair.
~Douglas MacArthur


On my "half-birthday," I attended a luncheon that launched Colorado Unity's Affirmative Action Awareness project in Southern Colorado. I met several impressive people including community activitists and educators. I am now considering volunteer opportunities that are very different from shelving library books or reading aloud to pre-schoolers.

My heart says to move forward on a new path while my bank account says find a real job. This time around, I know that I must follow my passion.

For this blessing, I am very grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Rocky Mountain Bee Plant with seed pods

No comments: