Friday, July 01, 2005

Friday, 1 July 2005 - Labs and their short hair

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful that Labrador retrievers have short hair.

As we walk around the park this evening, T and I watch from afar as a woman carefully brushes her long-haired dog. With each stroke, a fist-sized clump of hair falls on the grass. By the time we walk by the makeshift grooming area, dozens of wispy hair balls litter the greenbelt.

I greet the woman and empathize with her plight. She confesses that her house is so full of hair that she decided it was time to brush the dog outdoors. She smiles and tells me how lucky I am that T has short hair. I agree.

When we arrive home, I tell S about the woman and her plight. I promise not to complain about T's shedding for the time being (at least the Dyson vacuum cleaner does its job very well in our house).

I give T a special hug and an extra treat - just because.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: