Thursday, July 14, 2005

Thursday, 14 July 2005 - An answered prayer

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for an answered prayer.

Every day this summer, I pray for rain. Not a torrential downpour that brings flash flooding warnings. Just a nice late afternoon shower that waters the plants and washes the dust and heat from the neighborhood.

My persistence finally paid off.

Early this evening, as the indoor temperature approaches 90 degrees F, a thunderstorm rolls into the valley. The sky darkens quickly. Within minutes, the entertainment begins - rumbling, grumbling thunder and a spectacular lightening show. Best of all, the storm brings a most delightful gift - rain, glorious rain. The perfect remedy for a wilting garden and my tired spirit.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: