Saturday, July 23, 2005

Saturday, 23 July 2005 - Two important results

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for two important results.

First, Lance Armstrong won the individual time trial stage, his first win of the season. Tomorrow, as the world watches, he will ride into Paris for the last time, the winner of his seventh consecutive Tour de France. In honor of his incredible achievements, S and I will proudly wear livestrong bracelets and sip champagne while T will don his own maillot jaune - a bright yellow bandana.

Second, as the clouds gathered in the sky early this afternoon, the temperature dropped quickly. Soon, we happily greeted a slow moving thunder and lightening storm, intermittent heavy rain and violent winds. I've invited the cooler, wetter weather to stay for the rest of this long, hot summer.
I'm still waiting for an RSVP.

For these blessings, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: