Monday, July 25, 2005

Monday, 25 July 2005 - Time alone

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for time alone to think, reflect, dream and pray.

Every month or so, when S is on a business trip, my time alone stretches to a few days. Other times, I gather a few minutes here and there to take care of my personal growth agenda. Most days, I have an hour - sixty important minutes devoted to looking inward and assessing the state of my heart and soul.
  • Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Never be afraid to sit awhile and think. ~Lorraine Hansberry, A Raisin in the Sun
  • Inside myself is a place where I live all alone, and that's where I renew my springs that never dry up. ~Pearl S. Buck
  • I have a great deal of company in the house, especially in the morning when nobody calls. ~Henry David Thoreau

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.





No comments: