Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Wednesday, 27 July 2005 - A reason to write

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a reason to write.

Writer's block visits me frequently these days. Must be the summer doldrums. Or, perhaps I'm too distracted by the long list of gardening chores or a very messy studio begging for order.

But, writing is my job, my chosen career. So, I must dig down deep to find a reason to labor - to write at least one good sentence before noon. Sometimes, the only thing that keeps me writing is knowing that I have something to say.

Now, whether or not my words make sense to the rest of the world is another story. At least my heart understands my intent - good, bad or otherwise.

There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you. ~ Maya Angelou
Why do writers write? Because it isn't there. ~ Thomas Berger

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen

No comments: