Thursday, July 07, 2005

Thursday, 7 July 2005 - A new style

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a new style that reflects my creative life.

I cleaned my closet again (for the umpteenth time), removing items I haven't worn in a year. As I survey the remaining clothes (still too many I'm sure), I realize that my style is definitely changing. No longer do I see a corporate executive's wardrobe or a fashionista's impulse buys. Instead, the funky yet practical wardrobe of a work-at-home writer and artist prevails.

Since I wear a petite 2, I prefer simple clothes made from beautiful fabrics (a taste I acquired when I sewed most of my wardrobe). Today, I choose pieces in lovely colors and scaled-down patterns - no more sensible black, wool knit clothing.


And, yes, while I still peruse the J Crew and Banana Republic catalogues, I covet Anthropologie's feminine and bohemian-inspired clothes and accessories.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: