Saturday, July 01, 2006

Saturday, 01 July 2006 - le Tour de France


Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for le Tour de France.

My love affair with the Tour started when, as a seventh grader, began studying the French language. That affair intensified when I married S, a cyclist and cycling fan.

In spite of the controversies, scandals and unpredictable events, I still consider the Tour to be the premier sporting event of the year.

T will wear a canine version of le maillot jaune (yellow jersey) all month long. S and I will watch the race live each morning on OLN (we'll watch the rebroadcasts throughout the afternoon and evening as time permits). And, we'll cheer our favorite cyclists as they ascend the steepest mountains in the Pyrenees and Alps.

It's going to be an awesome month.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: