Monday, July 10, 2006

Monday, 10 July 2006 - A few hours of sunshine

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a few hours of sunshine (finally!).

The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done. ~Author Unknown

There is a muscular energy in sunlight corresponding to the spiritual energy of wind. ~Annie Dillard

I am depressed, suffering from an unwelcome bout of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) triggered by over a week of cloudy skies, rain and cool temperatures. Staring out the back door during last night's thunderstorm, T again asked me, "When did we move to Oregon?" What we all need is a large dose of strong sunshine.

Lucky me! This morning's weather is sunny and bright. I leap out of bed just after sunrise, alert and full of energy. After walking T in the park, I linger in my gardens, doing this and that - anything to prolong my outdoor visit so I can soak up those warm and wonderful rays.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: