Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sunday, 16 July 2006 - Contemplation

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for contemplation.

Never be afraid to sit awhile and think. ~Lorraine Hansberry in A Raisin in the Sun

Late this morning, this bird sat on the fence while I tended the garden. I thought she was hurt because she didn't fly away when I neared her roost and her tail and wing feathers were askew.

I guess she really wasn't paying attention to me after all. She was just sitting awhile as birds will do, thinking avian thoughts and dreaming avian dreams.

She finally took off after T, our chocolate Lab, joined me in the yard, resuming her adventure under clear blue skies and a blazing sun.

My lesson: Take time during the day to sit and think. Extend periods of meditation and prayer. The quiet exercise will help refresh my mind and rest my body.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: