Friday, July 28, 2006

Friday, 28 July 2006 - A little peace of mind

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a little peace of mind.

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe. ~Author Unknown

I'm a natural worrier due to my my personality type, my upbringing or ?????

These days, I worry about many things - big and small. My big worries are no brainers: the Middle East conflict, the Iraq war, global warming, drought and famine in Africa. My little worries, though very personal, still weigh heavy on my shoulders. Most of them revolve around money (lack of).

Where do I go for some peace of mind? Not very far (although a trip to Paris would do wonders for my heart and soul).

I step outside and enter my garden where I pull weeds, trim shrubs and deadhead plants. I tend the growing tomato plants and water the thirsty raspberries. I take T for a long walk around the park and up the "big hill." I stop what I am doing, close my eyes and meditate for a few minutes. I read poetry. I write poems. I make a large pot of tortilla soup. I listen to a favorite CD. I knit a new scarf from very cool handspun yarn. I attempt to solve the most difficult Sudoku puzzles.

When all else fails, I do what I should have done in the first place: let go and let God.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo:
Rocky Mountain bee plant (Cleome serrulata)


No comments: