Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sunday, 09 July 2006 - A sea of daisies

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a sea of daisies.

I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers. ~ Claude Monet

A flower touches everyone's heart. ~ Georgia O'Keefe

Although the cool and rainy weather has thwarted our plans to rock climb at least two times a week, it has transformed the backyard garden dramatically. The daisies, in particular, just love the extra moisture. And I love daisies because they make me smile.

The Shasta (white) daisies are among my garden's pioneers. The wildflower mix I sowed when I began the garden 19 years ago contained their hardy seeds. I also started the Gloriosa (yellow) daisies from seed about five years ago. Mine are an heirloom variety from Seeds of Change.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: