Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thursday, 20 July 2006 - More life lessons

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for more life lessons.

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
~T.S. Eliot


Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second.
~William James


Don't be discouraged. It's often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.
~Author Unknown


I will always remember the 2006 Tour de France for the following reasons: Stages 16 and 17, the Alps, Floyd Landis, unforgettable lessons in humility, courage, determination and perseverance.

My own clock is ticking down. I still have so much to learn about what it means to be human. That PhD in Life is so close yet so far away (pardon the cliche'). But, at age 52, I'm in too deep. There's no turning back.

Thanks, Floyd. I hope you're wearing le maillot jaune on Sunday.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: