Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sunday, 02 July 2006 - A peaceful hike

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a peaceful hike down a familiar trail.

I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.
~John Muir, 1913


We missed our opportunity to rock climb yesterday. The France-Brazil World Cup game and a slow moving thunderstorm got in the way.

We went to Red Rock Canyon anyway so T could have an official outing. The trail was dry, the air temperature perfect.

I'm usually the family photographer which means I am rarely in the photos. During this hike, S managed the camera and snapped a few pics of T and me as we hiked along a familiar trail and posed as the sun set over Pikes Peak.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: