Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Tuesday, 04 July 2006 - Simple personal freedoms

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for simple personal freedoms like walking T around the neighborhood park or along the hiking trails without fear for our safety, choosing whether or not to eat a vegetarian diet, reading a radical book or viewing a controversial film, expressing my opinions aloud or in writing, attending the church of my choice and surfing the Internet at will.

I also have hope for the future, big dreams, people who care about me and a country - right or wrong - that regards me as valuable every April 15.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves. ~Abraham Lincoln



Happy Birthday to our amazing, unpredictable and extraordinary United States of America.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: