Monday, July 03, 2006

Monday, 03 July 2006 - A good kind of tired

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a good kind of tired.

Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

The bad kind of tired results from tension, anxiety, overwork and sleeplessness. The good kind of tired results from an excellent workout.

Today, we attempted two climbs in Red Rock Canyon. It was my fourth climbing session this summer and my best so far. To my surprise, I was able to complete both climbs (with a little help from my partners).

Right now, my feet are very tired, my triceps sore and my right knee slightly bruised. But I feel really, really good.

I think I'll fix myself a cold fruity drink, do the daily Sudoku and crossword puzzles, knit a few more rows of the "sweater from hell" and watch the replay of Stage 2 of the Tour de France.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: