Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Wednesday, 05 July 2006 - Steps in the right direction


Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for steps in the right direction.

A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it. ~Jean de La Fontaine

I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within.
~Lillian Smith

To learn something new, take the path that you took yesterday. ~John Burroughs

T and I start our walk the same way each morning. We step quickly across the path I built earlier this spring from ten mustard-yellow pavers made from recycled tires - my own yellow brick road of sorts.

This short path takes us into the neighborhood - the immediate world that lives beyond the front door. Then, at journey's end, it leads us home again.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: