Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Tuesday, 25 July 2006 - A new inner adventure

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a new inner adventure.

When the student is ready, the master appears. ~Buddhist Proverb

The value of identity of course is that so often with it comes purpose. ~Richard Grant

All men should strive
to learn before they die
what they are running from, and to, and why.
~James Thurber

I've embarked on a new inner adventure: exploring the meaning of work in my life. I have a wise companion who will help me navigate my journey. A career coach recommended that I study David Whyte's book, Crossing the Unknown Sea: Work as a Pilgrimmage of Identity.

I'm not sure what I will discover about myself and the world during this sojourn. I do know that I need to redefine "work" as it fits into my life so I can plan my next venture.

Hopefully, I will find a practical outlet for my creative energies and talents.
Hopefully, I will make money.
Hopefully, I will wake up one morning, exclaiming, "This is the work I was born to do."

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photos:
(top) Red Valerian
(bottom) Coreopsis

No comments: