Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Wednesday, 28 June 2006 - Understanding neighbors


Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for understanding neighbors.

Our next door neighbors know what it's like to be under surveillance. Yes, that's T, peering through a perfectly placed knothole in the fence slat, watching H and E play catch. Who needs Big Brother when T is around?

The problem is that he spies on our neighbors whenever they enter their backyard. Their mere presence turns on T's personal canine television set. He immediately trots to the fence to watch his favorite show: the Farr Family Reality Show - live and ongoing, up close and personal.

The boys tell me that they don't mind T's spying (they think it's rather funny). Their parents don't mind either - I've heard them talk to him while they do yard work or relax on the patio.

I guess that I'm the one who's embarrassed. I respect their privacy as they do mine.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: