Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wednesday, 14 June 2006 - Six tomato plants


Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for six tomato plants.

It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato. ~Lewis Grizzard

Last night, at the garden club picnic, the plants leftover from last month's event were on sale at below cost. So, I bought two more large serviceberry shrubs and over a dozen assorted plants to fill-in the backyard garden.

As we left the park, one member urged me to take some of the free raspberry bushes and tomato plants. So I did. I'm excited about the raspberry plants but wary of the tomatoes. Growing veggies is not my real passion, but I'm going to give it a try.

This morning, I transplanted the tomatoes into larger pots and tied them to stakes. I'm watering them carefully and praying that the dreaded hookworms stay away.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: