Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sunday, 25 June 2006 - Peaceful moments

On this warm summer morning, T relaxes in the shade.

The garden shows off its summer colors.


A typical Front Range landscape on a perfect summer morning: white clouds, the bluest sky, rolling foothills dressed in green, old cedar fence.


Two birds attend my outdoor church.


Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for peaceful moments in my own backyard.

I have a great deal of company in the house, especially in the morning when nobody calls. ~Henry David Thoreau

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. ~John Muir

Most summer mornings, I spend time in the backyard, fussing over my garden, inspecting the tomato plants, minding T as he navigates the landscape (please don't step on that baby shrub).

I love the quiet, the familiar sights and the unexpected delights.

I catch the wild bunny grazing on the sunny slope (don't eat my flowers) and watch butterflies dance upon the dianthus (darn it - wish I had the camera). I pull up weeds, water the thirstiest shrubs and remound mulch around the viburnum. I discover sprouting seeds, another ripe strawberry and mystery plants (I hope they're not weeds).

And, I pray.

Oh Lord.

I pray for
Blessings all around.

Abundance.
Growth.
Prosperity.
Peace
G
ood will.
Time.
Rest.
Laughter.
Generous hearts.
Songs that touch my soul.
Birds, butterflies, earthworms.
Deer, rabbits, coyotes.

One best dog ever.
One wonderful husband.
And me.
One of Your faithful servants
Just doing the best I can with what I have.
I hope it's enough.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: