Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday, 23 June 2006 - Action

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for action.

I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts.
~John Locke
Well done is better than well said. ~Benjamin Franklin
Between saying and doing many a pair of shoes is worn out. ~Italian Proverb

I no longer wait for the other person to do tasks that I am capable of doing. As a result, I feel better about me and my ability to transform my circle of influence. I am also "enlarging my territory" everyday (`a la Prayer of Jabez).

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog. I clicked on it as the announcement that you'd just posted flashed by, and read some of your gratitudes.

Reading them felt like it feels when you're out on an isolated trail and suddenly another hiker comes around the curve, and you pass each other with a warm smile and a nod of recognition to the other for each being on your own individual walk on the path you both share.

Thanks. In the spirit of offering a gift whenever I receive one, I want to recommend to the grateful gardening poet in you the book "Dirt: The Estatic Skin of the Earth."