Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday, 11 June 2006 - Improvised bird bath


Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for an improvised bird bath.

My gardening friends and I fear that the birds are going thirsty during the chronic drought. So, we all agreed to add bird baths to our gardens.

I don't own a pretty bird bath - one with a graceful pedestal and smooth basin. This time, function wins over form. Necessity, after all, is the mother of invention.

I set two of these "bins" in the backyard garden and filled them with clean water. Thank goodness the finches and sparrows don't mind the industrial look.

This morning, I caught several enjoying a lively water fight in the "bird bath" pictured above. Naturally, I didn't have the camera handy so you'll have the imagine the fun.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: