Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tuesday, 27 June 2006 - A heart full of grace


Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a heart full of grace.

Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve.... You don't have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm trying to solve the "what am I going to do for the rest of my life" mystery and making no real progress. I just know that when I serve others, I get back more than I've given.

To serve selflessly. To give generously. To follow my passion. To walk the extra mile. To do what others won't or can't do.

Jesus simply taps me on the shoulder each day, saying "Tag, you're it." Then off I go on a day's journey. Nothing extraordinary or spectacular. Just doing what tugs on my heart. Just trying to store a few more treasures in Heaven.

With all due respect to Martin Luther King, Jr., I'm not sure that I can achieve greatness. I do know, however, that I have a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love, and a cup that continues to runneth over.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: