Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunday, 30 April 2006 - One April shower


Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for one April shower.

April showers bring May flowers. (sigh) I wish.

This year, the infamous April showers never materialized. In fact, we've received almost no moisture this spring (March and April are usually the wettest months of the year).

So, I've deep watered the gardens at least once a week. As you can see in the photo, most of the xeric plants survived our cold, dry winter and have begun to grow.

This afternoon, I celebrated as I watched the dark clouds gather over the mountains. Soon, we were treated to a much anticipated symphony of thunder, lightening and a little rain.

One April shower. One hopeful sign that our gardens will flourish. One gardener's prayer, answered.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: