Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday, 01 May 2006 - Social conscience

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a social conscience.

Although I live locally, I realize I must think and act globally. So, I try to live as though my daily acts affect the world's well being.

I try not to waste food or energy resources or water. I recycle and reuse and feed the compost pile daily. I refuse to buy certain items or patronize certain businesses. I take care of my little plot of earth by planting gardens that attract birds and butterflies and bees and earthworms. I walk a lot and limit my driving miles. I pick up trash around the neighborhood. I give money to save the rainforests and other endangered resources. I teach the neighborhood kids the importance of taking care of the Earth by setting the example. I think they're watching and learning.

All this so the Earth might survive the last decades of my life and then some.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: