Saturday, April 08, 2006

Saturday, 08 April 2006 - Seeds for sowing

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for seeds for sowing.

In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful. ~Abram L. Urban

One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides.
~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show

The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there.
~George Bernard Shaw

I spent the morning hoeing the beds in the backyard garden to breakup the mulch, aerate the soil and prepare the ground for seeds, hundreds and hundreds of flower seeds. I chose special wildflower and perennial mixes designed to attract the hummingbirds and butterflies that I love.

Seeds sown. Garden watered. Now I must wait for Mother Nature to take over.

The "recipe" calls for rain and warm sunshine. If all goes well, in a month or so, I'll see hundreds of tiny green plants breaking through the dirt and mulch.

The beginnings of a beautiful garden. The promises of life and beauty.

Indeed, I shall reap what I have sown.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: