Friday, April 14, 2006

Friday, 14 April 2006 - Sacrifices

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for sacrifices.

On this Good Friday, I am thinking about sacrifices. Not just the one commemorated this day - Jesus' death and it's significance to Christians.

I'm thinking about sacrifices made by my grandparents and parents so that I could have a good life.

I'm thinking about the sacrifices made by people who have given more than I to humanitarian causes that attempt to give the world's poorest citizens a chance to live a full life.

I'm thinking about those serving in the military or in local police and fire departments - the ones who help ensure that I can walk down the street without fear.

I'm thinking about the sacrifices made by our neighbors, Dennis and Debbie, for their sons (I hope Everett and Hayden realize how lucky they are).

My own heart is generous but my wallet is usually empty. Still, I know I can do more. I know I can contribute my fair share and then some.

For these blessings, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: