Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wednesday, 12 April 2006 - A better day to live

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a better day to live.

In my dream, I decided that today would be a good day to die. My gardens are in good shape - just need maintenance feeding and watering. The goji berry bushes seem to be taking root in the pots so they'll survive the summer. My house still needs cleaning and decluttering, but people do that after you die so what's the use.

T goes about his business regardless of my presence. S is busy with his work and doesn't particularly cherish me these days.

I won't miss much of this ordinary, boring life. I don't think others will miss me either. Maybe for a while. But in ensuing weeks and months, they'll forget that I ever walked the earth, laughed out loud or wrote poetry.

My footprints, gone. My dreams, gone. My hopes and desires, gone. All that I am or was or could ever be, gone.

Yes, today is a good day to die. But, it's an even better day to live. I choose the latter.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: