Thursday, April 06, 2006

Thursday, 06 April 2006 - A plan

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a plan to help clean our neighborhood.

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anyone could have. ~Author Unknown

I've decided to pick up at least three pieces of trash each day - one for each of us (my husband, T and me). That way, I'll be able to clean the alley, the park and other green spaces bit by bit. Recyclable items like aluminum cans, plastic, glass and corrugated cardboard have top priority since I will simply add them to our various recycling bins. Today, I picked up three soft drink cans from the gutter. Oh, how I hate litterbugs!

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: