Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Wednesday, 2 November 2005 - An enchanted place

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for an enchanted place where I can dream.

There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again. ~Elizabeth Lawrence

Inspired by an episode of BBC's As Time Goes By, I am re-reading Winnie the Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner, two of my very favorite books from childhood.

At bedtime, I read a chapter or two, smiling quietly at the misadventures of Pooh and friends. Then, I close the book and spend a minute contemplating the story just told before turning out the light and drifting off to sleep. In the midst of my dreams, I find my own enchanted place hidden deep in the Thousand Acre Woods.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: