Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Tuesday, 29 November 2005 - Clean sweep

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a clean sweep.

She knew she could do everything she ever dreamed of doing, if only she had a little more space.

I am the expert when it comes to knowing why things don't get done in my house. And yes, the main culprit is lack of storage space for all the stuff we've accumulated during nearly 19 years living in this house. I also suffer from the dreaded "just in case" syndrome.

So, after my latest "come to Jesus" meeting with myself, my marching orders are very clear: no more new stuff until I dispose of the old stuff.

So, it's house cleaning time again. This time, it's a very serious affair. Too much stuff from the past means no room for the present or future. Now, that's no way to live. How can one dance when the space is cluttered with books read once many years ago or fabric once meant for a quilt or yarn long ago promised to a sweater?

Clean sweep. Get out the "don't need it anymore" broom and clear the rooms.

Let me breathe in the space. Let me embrace the emptiness. Let me be free of things so, at a moment's notice, I can pack up my life and move it anywhere in the world.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: