Monday, November 07, 2005

Monday, 7 November 2005 - The courage to speak up

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the courage to speak up.

I wrote to a city official to complain about a potential problem in the park - a recent occurrence that's been bugging me for days. My neighbors, who are also bothered by the problem, told me to let it go. But I just couldn't - this time.

So, this morning, I sent an email to the head of the Parks department advising him of the issue. He wrote me back, explaining that he asked two staff members to investigate the matter. He also said that he will let me know the outcome.

Sometimes, it pays to air your grievances (and, often, it doesn't). Over the years, I've learned to pick my battles carefully - sage advice when dealing with local officials and life, in general.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: