Friday, November 04, 2005

Friday, 4 November 2005 - A breath of fresh air

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a breath of fresh air.

After working indoors for several hours, I need a break. The violent winds that wreaked havoc yesterday have finally subsided. The blue skies and sunshine are alluring. Since T is also restless, I decide to take him for a quick spin around the park.

As I open the front door, the fresh air rushes in. I stop for a few seconds to bathe my face in the refreshing coolness and to enjoy the woodsy fragrance. Then, I take a deep breath and exhale slowly, hoping to release my body's staleness. By now, T is anxious to get going. He pulls impatiently on the leash. We walk quickly down the front steps and along the sidewalk to the park, anticipating the impending adventure.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: