Monday, November 21, 2005

Monday, 21 November 2005 - Personal growth

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for personal growth - no matter how painful.

Just as we outgrow a pair of trousers, we outgrow acquaintances, libraries, principles, etc., at times before they're worn out and times - and this is the worst of all - before we have new ones. ~G.C. Lichtenberg

The simplest questions are the most profound. Where were you born? Where is your home? Where are you going? What are you doing? Think about these once in a while and watch your answers change. ~Richard Bach

The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. ~Muhammad Ali

Daily, I tell myself that my current trials will soon be over, that change is good, that "every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." Yes, the pain is real, the trial long, the worry gut wrenching. But I am getting through this mess in better shape than I would have thought possible when it all started. A sure sign of personal growth. A true sign of faith.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: