Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thursday, 24 November 2005 - Thanksgiving

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a day of Thanksgiving.

Mighty God,
Father of all,
Compassionate God,
Mother of all,
bless every person I have met,
every face I have seen,
every voice I have heard,
especially those most dear;
bless every city, town, and
street that I have known,
bless every sight I have seen,
every sound I have heard,
every object I have touched.
In some mysterious way these
have all fashioned my life;
all that I am,
I have received.
Great God, bless the world.
~John J. Morris, SJ


If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart

Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel. ~Author Unknown

For this blessing, I am very grateful.

Amen.



No comments: