Monday, November 28, 2005

Monday, 28 November 2005 - Winter clothes

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a wind resistant jacket, warm gloves and a snug hat.

The arctic cold and bone chilling winds kept us company today. Although the sun shone brightly, the wind chill dropped temperatures into the teens during the afternoon. T enjoyed the cooler weather, but I gritted my teeth during the windiest stretches of our walks. At least I dressed appropriately for the occasion.

My red jacket is an Ebay find - heavy duty Gortex-type fabric and all the bells and whistles and pockets you'd expect to find in a rugged and expensive mountaineering jacket (I spent less than $20 on mine). My black ski gloves are heavily padded and warm. My dark sage green fleece hat is an old favorite, the one I've worn for at least ten winters. I like it because it fits snugly over my ears and won't blow off. And, I guess I should mention my boots - Tevas that I've worn for about three seasons - dark olive green nubuck leather, waterproof and very comfortable.

For these blessings, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: