Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Tuesday, 9 August 2005 - Artistic friends

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for artistic friends.


An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one. ~Charles Horton Cooley
Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. ~Pablo Picasso
Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen. ~Leonardo da Vinci


I am very fortunate to have in my circle of friends artists, musicians and writers. I am one of the poets and writers, although I also create interesting jewelry and knitted items. Because we travel different paths, we don't compete with each other. We do, however, share the artist's life, complete with self-doubt, frustration, empty bank accounts and big dreams. We're hopeful that one of these days, wealthy benefactors will adopt us so we can work on our projects full-time.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: