Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Tuesday, 30 August 2005 - Higher ground

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for higher ground.

We'll never experience anything like Hurricane Katrina that has ravaged the Gulf states. Yes, we have our weather challenges in Colorado, especially during the winter and summer monsoons. But, our house sits at an altitude of 6,800 feet in a land-locked state. Hurricanes will never affect us directly.


While working for a start-up company in the late 1990's, I had the good fortune to visit New Orleans five times for trade-shows and meetings. I fell in love with the people (they are the quintessential hosts to visitors), the French Quarter (fabulous antiques and the best shopping), the Garden District (such lovely homes and incredible gardens), and freshly-made beignets with chicory coffee. I pray that this multi-cultural city will recover quickly from this latest disaster.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: