Monday, August 01, 2005

Monday, 1 August 2005 - A long walk to nowhere in particular

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a long walk to nowhere in particular.


I can tell it's going to be a difficult Monday. I'm having trouble being productive. Anything and everything distracts me. I've already read three newspapers twice through. I also finished three crosswords and the Sudoku puzzle before noon. Now what am I suppose to do to salvage the day?

Go for a long walk to somewhere else - my tried and true remedy for chronic writer's block, stale ideas, and poorly worded sentences. The walk will also cure the restlessness that creeps into my bones whenever I want to be anywhere but at my desk writing. Of course, T, our chocolate Lab will accompany me on my trek. He doesn't mind the wandering as long as the trail supplies a plethora of good sniffs.

And so, I'm off. See you tomorrow.

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. ~John Muir

If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk. ~Raymond Inmon

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.



No comments: