Friday, August 12, 2005

Friday, 12 August 2005 - Idea and title for a new book

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for an interesting idea and intriguing title for a new book.


Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead. ~Gene Fowler

I wasn't looking for another writing project. Honest. I was just hiking along the trail with T and thinking about my latest poem. Then, from out of the blue, a book title settled on my brain followed by the story line. Voila - the sprouting of the seed of a new a book.

An insightful friend advised me not to stress over this recent revelation/obsession. She said I should be honored. After all, the same rule applies to writers and readers alike: you don't find the book, the book finds you.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen
.

No comments: